GIGABYTE FM2+ Series MotherboardsGIGABYTE FM2+ series motherboards based on AMD A55 chipset and feature the new FM2+ APU socket, and are designed to get the most from forthcoming Kaveri AMD APUs, while preserving compatibility for current AMD FM2 APUs. FM2+ AMD APUs offer native support for 8 GT/s PCI Express gen 3.0 as well as DX11.1 support integrating the high performance ‘Steamroller’ core. AMD socket FM2+ APUs also offer native support for 4K resolution displays on HDMI port.
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 4 Plus
GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 4 Plus debuts on GIGABYTE motherboards, with a range of features and component choices that provide record-breaking performance, cool and efficient operation and extended motherboard lifespan.
GIGABYTE uses All Solid Caps (Capacitors) and Low RDS(on) MOSFETs which are rated to work at higher temperatures to provide a longer lifespan.
GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
GIGABYTE motherboards feature GIGABYTE DualBIOS™, an exclusive technology from GIGABYTE that protects arguably one of your PC’s most crucial components, the BIOS. GIGABYTE DualBIOS™ means that your motherboard has both a ‘Main BIOS’ and a ‘Backup BIOS’, making users protected from BIOS failure due to virus attack, hardware malfunction, improper OC settings or power failure during the update process.
Humidity can play havoc on a motherboard’s circuitry.GIGABYTE’s new Glass Fabric PCB design helps protect against electrical shorts due to humidity by reducing the gaps in spacing between PCB filaments.
Power Failure ProtectionGIGABYTE also uses Anti-Surge ICs to protect the motherboard against power surges.
GIGABYTE motherboards feature High Resistance ICs which help protect the motherboard against electrostatic discharge.
AMD Dual Graphics Technology
The AMD FM2+ series platform showcases AMD Dual Graphics technology, allowing users to further boost 3D graphics performance by adding an additional discrete AMD Radeon™ graphics card to the system. This unique Dual Graphics technology means users can enjoy higher frame rates on the latest gaming titles, utilizing the processing power of both discrete and integrated graphics processors.
1. Please use both AMD Dual Graphics technology qualified A-series APU and VGA card, detail information please refer to AMD website
AMD Eyefinity TechnologySupporting multiple independent display outputs simultaneously, AMD Eyefinity technology delivers innovative graphics display capabilities enabling massive desktop workspaces and ultra-immersive visual environments for the ultimate panoramic computing experience.
GIGABYTE FM2+ series motherboards are taking advantage of AMD Eyefinity technology, to allow users to extend their OS desktop by connecting up to three high-resolution digital displays. Triple displays mean more real-estate for enhanced productivity, plus the ability to enjoy panoramic triple screen 3D gaming thanks to AMD’s optimized Eyefinity driver technology.Note: The functions supported of AMD Eyefinity technology may vary by Microsoft OS, Windows Vista/7/8 is recommended, please refer the AMD official website for more detail information.
Dual-link DVI port
Designed to leverage the awesome potential of the latest AMD Fusion A-series APUs, GIGABYTE motherboards deliver an enhanced visual experience that includes advanced DX11® gaming, incredibly smooth HD multimedia playback and support for high resolution displays of up to 2560 x 1600 pixels by Dual-link DVI port.
4K Ultra HD Support4K resolution is the next technological milestone in high-definition content delivery, utilizing approximately 4,000 pixels on the horizontal axis, more than four times today’s standard HD pixel density. GIGABYTE FM2+ series motherboards provide native 4K support with FM2+ APU integrated graphics via HDMI port.
HDMI InterfaceHDMI is latest High-Definition Multimedia Interface, which is able to provide up to 5Gb/s video transmitting bandwidth and also 8-channel high quality audio. Via transmitting uncompressed digital data, HDMI is able to reduce signal interference as transferring between digital and analog signal, seen and heard, direct from the source. In addition, HDMI is compatible with HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), which allowing playback of Blu-ray/ HD DVD and other protected contents.
On/Off Charge TechnologyGIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE’s highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger..
*Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
*Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
ErP Lot 6 supportThe ErP (also known as Energy-Related Products Directive) is part of the European Union’s environmental regulations policy. It is based on concern for the environmental as the proliferation of electronic devices continues, and how to improve energy efficiency for a better and greener life. GIGABYTE supports ErP and produces motherboards that help you effectively improve system efficiency.
GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-DS2 rev. 3.0 AMD A55 Chipset
Out of stock
- Socket FM2+ supports AMD FM2+/FM2 A-series APU
- GIGABYTE Ultra Durable™ 4 Plus Technology
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
- GIGABYTE On/Off Charge™ for USB devices
- Features Dual-link DVI for high resolution displays of up to 2560 x 1600 pixels
- 8 USB 2.0 and 4 SATA2 ports with RAID 0,1,10 support
- High ESD Protection on GbE LAN and USB ports
- All solid capacitors design
Out of stock
- AMD A series processors
- AMD Athlon™ series processors
(Please refer “CPU Support List” for more information.)
- AMD A55
- 2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
* Due to a Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than the size of the physical memory installed.
* The maximum 64 GB of system memory can be supported using 16 GB (or above) memory modules. GIGABYTE will update the memory support list on the official website when the memory modules are available on the market.
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2400(OC)/2133/1866/1600/1333 MHz memory modules
- Support for AMD Memory Profile (AMP)/ Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer “Memory Support List” for more information.)
Onboard GraphicsAPU with integrated AMD Radeon™ HD 8000/7000 series graphics:
* To use the onboard graphics ports, you must install an AMD APU with integrated graphics.
- 1 x D-Sub port, supporting a maximum resolution of 1920×1200
- 1 x DVI-D port, supporting a maximum resolution of 2560×1600
* Support for 2560×1600 resolution requires both a monitor and cable that support Dual Link DVI.
* The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter.
- 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×2160
* The resolution of 4096×2160 can be supported when using an FM2+ APU; the maximum resolution supported is 1920×1200 when using an FM2 APU.
* Support for HDMI 1.4a version.
- Maximum shared memory of 2 GB
- Realtek® ALC887 codec
- High Definition Audio
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
- Support for S/PDIF Out
- Realtek® GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16
(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* To support PCI Express 3.0, you must install an FM2+ APU.
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
(The PCI Express x1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
- 1 x PCI slot
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10, and JBOD
- Support for AMD Dual Graphics technology
* Only A series APUs support AMD Dual Graphics.
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x APU fan header
- 1 x system fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x serial port header
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 1 x DVI-D port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 3 x audio jacks (Line In, Line Out, Mic In)
- iTE® I/O Controller Chip
- System voltage detection
- APU/System temperature detection
- APU/System fan speed detection
- APU overheating warning
- APU/System/Power fan fail warning
- APU/System fan speed control
* Whether the fan speed control function is supported will depend on the cooler you install.
- 2 x 64 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AMI EFI BIOS
- Support for DualBIOS™
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for EasyTune
* Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
- Support for Smart Recovery 2
- Support for ON/OFF Charge
- Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Windows 8.1/8/7 32-bit/64-bit
* If you plan to install Windows 8.1, please download the latest drivers from GIGABYTE’s website.
- Support for Windows Vista/XP 32-bit
* To support Windows Vista/XP 32-bit, you must install an AMD FM2 Trinity APU.
* It requires Service Pack 3 to support Windows XP driver installation.
- Micro ATX Form Factor; 22.6cm x 17.4cm
Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors’ website or 3rd party website.
Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.