IntroductionThe GA-P31-DS3L is GIGABYTE high performance platform based on the new Intel P31 chipset plus support for the latest multi-core processors up to FSB 1333MHz, including the upcoming 45nm platform.
The Industry’s Leading All-Solid Capacitor motherboard DesignTo ensure a longer operation life time for systems in daily operation and boost system stability under extreme conditions, this platform adopts cutting-edge Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors from the world’s leading vendors. With these high-qualitycomponents , users can take advantage of better electronic conductivity and excellent heat resistance for enhanced system durability.
Intel® Core™ 2 multi-core and upcoming 45nm processorsGA-P31-DS3L supports Intel latest high performance CPU delivers the most energy-efficient performance available today. Based on Intel’s Micro Architecture, the Intel multi-core processors with 4 cores and two shared L2 caches provide the best capability-per-watt solutions and are an ideal choice for multi-media enthusiasts and intensive multi-tasking environments. This cutting-edge processor offers significant performance boosts and provides an overall more energy efficient platform.
Intel® P31 Express ChipsetThe Intel® P31 Express Chipsets support the latest multi-core processors up to FSB 1333MHz, including the upcoming 45nm platform, with its record breaking performance and greater energy efficiency.
Qualified for Windows® 7The motherboard qualified for WHQL (Windows Hardware Quality Labs) certification of Windows 7 from Microsoft®, setting the standard for future Windows 7 certified motherboards..
Windows Vista Premium Logo CertifiedWindows Vista Premium promises to deliver a streamlined computing experience designed to fundamentally change how users view, find and organize their digital information. With GIGABYTE AM2+/ AM2 solutions enabling support for Vista Premium, GIGABYTE offers a fresh and unique desktop experience that will be more informative, intuitive and completely new…
Dual Channel DDR2 1066 by O.CGet a jump in memory performance with the advanced technology of DDR2 1066 memory architecture by overclocking, which delivers superior performance for the most demanding applications.
SATA 3Gb/s storage interfaceSATA 3Gb/s doubles bus bandwidth from 1.5Gb/s to 3Gb/s. SATA 3Gb/s facilitates bandwidth aggregation for multiple devices, enabling max through put as well as, higher cache through put performance in single drive configurations.
Intel® High Definition AudioIntel® High Definition Audio enables 8 channel premium digital sound in the PC for an immersive surround sound experience. In addition, Intel HD Audio delivers multiple audio channels in your PC so you can listen to two different streams simultaneously in two separate rooms
Gigabit LAN connectivityThe Gigabit network interface delivers a high speed LAN connection with data transfer rate up to 1000Mb/s, providing new generation connectivity for the broadband era. Gigabit LAN is ideally for seamless internet connection such as streaming audio and video contents
RoHS compliantAs a member of the global community to look after the environment, Gigabyte complies with the European Union’s Restriction of use of certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive which limits the use of lead, mercury, cadmium and other hazardous substances in electronic products. From components and material selection to production processes, make up of accessories, packaging/color boxes etc; GIGABYTE has carefully examined and designed this product to be 100% RoHS compliant. GIGABYTE will continue to develop RoHS compliant PC components and commit valuable resources to promoting and advancing RoHS directive goals and objectives.
SpeedThe Speed compliant motherboards of GIGABYTE S-series provide intelligent over-clocking and over-voltage software settings through both hardware and software design..
SmartThe Smart featured motherboards of GIGABYTE S-series provide GIGABYTE proprietary innovative software such as Download Center, @BIOS, Q-Flash, Xpress Install, Boot menu, and Smart Fan. BIOS and driver management now becomes much easier and user friendly through GIGABYTE Smart features!..
SafeSafe is the key feature of GIGABYTE S-series motherboards with the following elements: Excellent hardware design reinforced BIOS protection through GIGABYTE Virtual Dual BIOS Technology and GIGABYTE BIOS Setting Recovery Technology. Unique system software such as Xpress Recovery 2, PC Health Monitor, HDD S.M.A.R.T., and C.O.M. further strengthen the stability and reliability of your PC!..
GIGABYTE GA-P31-DS3L rev. 1.1 Intel® P31 ICH7 Chipset DDR2 1066 Motherboard
Out of stock
Out of stock
- Support for an Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme processor/ Intel® Core™ 2 Quad processor/ Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor/ Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition/ Intel® Pentium D processor/ Intel® Pentium 4 processor Extreme Edition/ Intel® Pentium 4 processor/ Intel®Celeron processor in the LGA 775 package
- Support for Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
- L2 cache varies with CPU
Front Side Bus
- 1600(O.C.)1333/1066/800 MHz FSB
- North Bridge: Intel® P31 Express Chipset
- South Bridge: Intel® ICH7
- 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 4 GB of system memory (Note 1)
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR2 1066(O.C.)/800/667 MHz memory modules (Note 2)
* Because of chipset limitations, do not populate both DIMM sockets of the same channel (e.g. DDRII1 and DDRII2), or populate 4 DIMM sockets with double-sided memory modules to prevent system’s failure to start or incorrect detection of memory modules. Please refer to the user manual for the memory configurations table.
* Because of chipset limitations, when using FSB 1333 MHz CPU with populating all DIMM sockets, memory frequency will be reduced from the original, and system instability or incorrect detection of memory module may be occur. Please refer “Memory Support List” for memory support information.
(Note 1)Based on standard PC architecture, a certain amount of memory is reserved for system usage and therefore the actual memory size is less than the stated amount. For example, 4 GB of memory size will instead be shown as 3.xx GB during system startup.
(Note 2)Some memory configurations will result in memory frequency being reduced from the original frequency.
- Realtek ALC888 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out
- Support for CD In
- RTL 8111B chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- 3 x PCI Express x1 slots
- 3 x PCI slots
- 1 x IDE connector supporting ATA-100/66/33 and up to 2 IDE devices
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices
iTE IT8718 chip:
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector supporting up to 1 floppy disk drive
Integrated in the South Bridge
- Up to 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 on the back panel, 4 via the USB brackets connected to the internal USB headers)
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- 1 x IDE connector
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 2 x system fan headers
- 1 x power fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x CD In connector
- 1 x S/PDIF In header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x chassis intrusion header
- 1 x power LED header
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x parallel port
- 1 x serial port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- iTE IT8718 chip
- System voltage detection
- CPU/System temperature detection
- CPU/System/Power fan speed detection
- CPU overheating warning
- CPU/System/Power fan fail warning
- CPU fan speed control
- 1 x 4 Mbit flash
- Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
- PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, ACPI 1.0b
- Support for @BIOS
- Support for Download Center
- Support for Q-Flash
- Support for EasyTune (Note 3)
- Support for Xpress Install
- Support for Xpress Recovery2
- Support for Virtual Dual BIOS
(Note 3)Available functions in Easytune may differ by motherboard model.
- Norton Internet Security (OEM version)
- Support for Microsoft®Windows Vista/XP/2000
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 21.0cm
- Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please download Linux driver from chipset vendors’ website or 3rd party website.
- Most hardware/software vendors may no longer offer drivers to support Win9X/ME/2000/XP SP1/SP2. If drivers are available from the vendors, we will update them on the GIGABYTE website.