The Latitude E6500 is thoughtfully designed not just for looks, but to survive a long day on the job. With premium magnesium alloy construction, longer-lasting paint finishes and robust metal hinges, the new Latitude E6500 is more durable than ever. Work more comfortably with a precision-tuned keyboard that offers stronger key durability and optional backlighting. Roam the halls in style with our sleeker, slimmer profile that was inspired by feedback from thousands of users just like you.
All-Day Mobile Computing
Meet the laptop that can last as long as your work day. Achieve up to 19 hours of battery life* with the combination of our standard 9-cell battery, new high-capacity battery slice and exclusive Dell ControlPointTM software. Stay connected anytime, anywhere* with Dell ControlPoint Connection Manager, which enables fast and easy wireless connections with support for current and emerging wireless technologies (WiFi® , mobile broadband*, Bluetooth® 2.1, WiMAX® , High Performance Wireless-N).
Peace of Mind
Sleep easy knowing that Dell Latitude laptops — and your company’s data — are secure and protected anywhere in the world. Dell offers a broad range of laptop security and data protection options that can easily integrate into your current infrastructure, including:
- Dell ControlVault™ secure credential management
- Multifactor authentication using an integrated contactless smart card reader, Trusted Platform Module v1.2 and optional biometric fingerprint reader
- Solid-state drive (SSD) technology for improved data protection
- Dell Mobile Asset Protection Services* that can help maximize uptime while protecting your investment with Extended Battery Service* and Laptop Tracking and Recovery*
- Dell Mobile Data Protection Services* that include Remote Data Delete*, Hard Drive Data Recovery* and Certified Data Destruction services* — With these optional services, Dell can remotely delete your sensitive data, prevent potential loss of valuable data, certify destruction of data or recover data from a failed hard drive without a backup
Total Control of Ownership
The ultimate team players, multiple Latitude mainstream laptops can be remotely managed by a single IT support person anywhere in the world. With image and systems management tools like Dell ImageDirect™ and Dell Client Manager, you can help simplify systems management and free up IT to focus on more strategic business challenges.
Creating a quick transition from mobile freedom away from the office to full desktop productivity at your office desk, Dell™ E-Family docks, stand and accessories enable seamless mobile-to-desktop expansion.
Seamless Desktop Transitions: E-Port and E-Port Plus
Transition seamlessly to a desktop environment with the new E-Port and E-Port Plus docking solutions featuring true hot docking and undocking capabilities. Both docking solutions provide an expansive compliment of USB, powered eSATA and graphics ports. Connect to networks, keyboards, monitors, and other peripherals quickly and easily instead of attaching cables every time.